Subject: Vs: [Leica] OT Rollei advice sought
From: "Raimo Korhonen" <raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 21:43:56 +0200

The 2.8 Tessar is universally regarded as the worst Rollei lens ever. There is even a rumour - unsubstantiated - that these were recalled by the factory. This lens tells that it is the Rolleiflex 2.8A manufactured from December 1949 to August 1951 - right after the WW II - in relatively small numbers - approx. 10.000 in total. The serial number belongs to the first batch of 7.870 units made until February 1951. I have no personal experience of it, though.
All the best!
Raimo
Personal photography homepage at http://personal.inet.fi/private/raimo.korhonen