Subject: Re: [Leica] Which Ultra-Wide,now"movies"
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 13:54:52 -0500

> Dave sez, regarding feature film-making:
. Between  takes they measure everything -- and I mean
everything -- with tape
> measures. And they do it over and over. They must not rely
on the viewfinder
> to focus. It looked like one guy at each camera was
responsible for manually
> focusing, according to a timeline. So much for AF <g>.

As far as the camera operator is concerned, it is
"Auto-Focus,"  An assistant handles focus, so the shooter
can watch the framing.  Auto focus couldn't work in
features, for example, when focus shifts back and forth
between two characters, both in frame, when each speaks.

I'm anxious to see your pics!

Regards,
SonC