Subject: [Leica] Black Cat
From: Paul Biba <paulkbiba@nac.net>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 20:52:21 -0300

>>I am curious though that the exposure given by the meter gave a better
black than the compensated shots. It just seems unlikely that the reflected
light meter in the M6 gives a blacker black than compensation of -1 and -2
stops.

Did you use flash after all?<<

NO, I USED NATURAL LIGHT.

>>i think your best bet is to have your lab contact print
your entire roll.  then you can see the effects of your
experimentation.  as a general rule, the contact print will
be properly exposed when the unexposed portions of the
film (areas around sprocket holes, leaders, interframe spaces) register
at or near pure black on the print. <<

EXCELLENT IDEA.  The whole problem with this "experiment" is that the
photolab is a wildcard.  I really should have used slides.  However,
since I've got the negatives I'll have them do a contact print and that
should resolve the uncertainty.  I'll report back at the end of the week.

Paul
- --
Paul Biba <paulkbiba@nac.net>