Subject: [Leica] Different SF20 Thread
From: "Chris Quinn" <cquinn@mail.sjcsf.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 12:28:04 -0600

John:

I have a question re/ the SF20, but it's not about page 50. I checked the
Archives, and find nothing (could be my search terms...) to answer my
question.

The manual does little aside from warn me about batteries, but I'm curious
about fill-flash in TTL. I'm guessing that setting the EVs down (three stop
range either direction in 1/3 stop increments) will tell the little computer
that I want less than full exposure from the flash based on that number;
what the manual doesn't tell me is whether I'm actually underexposing the
flash by, say, -1EV, so that I get a nice fill, or whether it's pulling back
the intensity by -1EV, but extending the duration of the flash so that I end
up with a 'properly exposed' image equal to that done at full power. The
second option lacks logic, but so does an instruction manual which doesn't
address the issue: so here we are.

Experience? In trying it, I found that it seemed to work, but only mostly.
When I dialed -3EV in, it gave me a standard full-TTL exposure.... I get
confused.

Has anyone found an url which explains the SF20 thoroughly?

Thanks.

CQ