Subject: Re: [Leica] Different SF20 Thread (with an M6TTL)
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 14:08:15 -0600

The exposure compensation function works by reducing or increasing the total
amount of flash light. It does do this by varying the time the flash tube is
powered. Within its range of control it will be accurate (depending on the
reflectance of your subject and film stock). If the longest duration is not
enough (subject too far or aperture too small), you will get an underexposed
photo which the camera/flash will warn you of with the blinking flash symbol
in the viewfinder. If the shortest duration is too much (subject too close
or aperture too large), you will get an overexposed photo which the
camera/flash will NOT warn you of! It will signal a correct exposure even if
it is overexposed. You have to practice so that you get to know the limits
of what can be done.

John Collier