Subject: [Leica] Re: 1st Orthodox Wedding
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 21:02:35 -0400

Michael E. Berube wrote:

>Once I show them a quality printed 8X10 or two that I've shot with 35
and explained how much
l>ess obtrusive I can be and how much faster I can work with 35 (I'm
paid
>hourly), they are quite satisfied to trust me to get the images they
want

Hi Michael!

I think you are right. I also find that 8x10 is the biggest print most
people want and the difference between formats is pretty small at that
size. I also already shoot 3/4 of the negatives on a typical wedding on
my two Leicas so it wouldn't be that much of a change to just drop the
Hassy altogether for this kind of work and use 35mm for the formals as
well as the rest.

On the other hand there are other factors to think about. The leaf
shutter is useful with flash and so is the polaroid back in tricky
lighting, even though I didn't use it on Sunday (fool! I'm sweating it
now!). One other thing to consider is retouchability. I don't need this
often, but it can be a lifesaver and few labs (i.e. none that I deal
with) will scan/retouch & output to film or airbrush with anything
smaller than 120.

Simon Stevens