Subject: [Leica] Making a difference
From: norman_milks@mailg.pribilofs.k12.ak.us (Norman Milks)
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 19:13:02 -0800

David Morton wrote, in part:

<snip>
These ten photographs are not great art, they're not even great
photography.
Yet in their stark, simple awfulness they tell a story so tragic and heart
rending that I found it hard to keep clicking the next button. Well not
quite tell a story; they show the outward signs of a nightmare life so
terrifying that it's hard for most people to even *imagine* the details. We
see just the surface, nothing more, but the surface is enough to show us
the
unspeakable hell that must have been this person's life.
<snip>

Hello David,

I teach grades 5-12 to 19 students on a small island (big rock) in the
middle of the Bering Sea.  I showed these 10 photos to my kids today.
What a powerful story; they've never seen anything like it.  We often TALK
about drugs in our class.  But again, the old saw, "A picture is worth a
thousand words"...  Thanks.

norm
St. George Island, Alaska