Subject: RE: [Leica] luggers in cairo? (follow up)
From: Hans-Peter.Lammerich@t-online.de
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 01:03:27 +0200

I purchased my M3 with Summarit in a small camera repair in Cairo,
located near the Ministry of Interior/Justice or so (as far as I
remember, he is mentioned in the tourist books). There I also met a
koptic priest with an amazing, but sort of unstructured collection of
Leica gear, mostly from the early 1950s (=pre Ms), and also R4/R4/SL
with lenses. He was willing to sell, showing a list with however some
weird asking prices. Not generally to high, but simply off the typical
rates.

Of course no luggers there five years ago.

Hans-Peter