Subject: [Leica] Re: Konica facts
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 13:58:00 -0400

Erwin P., thank you very much for setting the record straight on the Konica-Leica
compatibility question. This explains the somewhat odd experiences many of us have
had.

It is true my Hexar RF was used mostly with the 21mm lens,susually stopped down to
about f5.6, therefore masking any obvious focus problems. I think many other Hexar RF
users mount the 24mm lens on it or other wide angle.

But it is worth noting that not all Leicas have ideal flange-film distances either. A
recent inspection of one of my cameras, an M4, also showed significant deviation from
the correct distance. It seems this important measurement is not undertaken by all
repair technicians.

Is it possible that the problem in most Hexar RF bodies may be easy to fix with a
slight amount of machining or shimming, as the case may be?

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> ([Leica] Re: Konica facts)