Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Konica facts
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 14:40:45 -0400

> Is it possible that the problem in most Hexar RF bodies may be
> easy to fix with a slight amount of machining or shimming, as
> the case may be?

Perhaps, but who would do it?  Sherry or DAG?  Certainly not Konica, who
apparently intends for the Hexar to be incompatible with Leica lenses.

Crazy.  Every review I've ever read of the Hexar RF states that it is
Leica-M compatible and will take Leica lenses fine.  Guess there should be
fine print that says "as long as you don't mind not being able to focus
accurately."

In my own case, I found that all my Leica lenses misfocused on my Hexar RF
wide open at min. distance; beyond that, I suppose there is enough DOF to
cover the error.

I still love using my Hexar and would hate to give it up now.  It may be
reason enough to buy a 24 asph and weld it on, or to--gasp--buy the Konica
28/2.8, which I hear isn't too shabby a lens (and a whole lot less expensive
than the Leica elmarit).

Dan