Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicaflex SL Battery Conversion Recommendation.
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 01:43:34 -0700 (PDT)

Tony Salce wrote:

I intend having the meter in my SL recalibrated to accept either
alkaline or silver oxide batteries. Any comments as to which is the
better type of battery to go for ?
Tony,

The voltage of an alkaline cell declines steadily with usage, causing
metering errors in cameras. Silver oxide cells are far more suitable,
because they maintain a relatively constant voltage throughout their
life. Go for silver oxide, not alkaline.

Regards,

=====
Ray