Subject: [Leica] re: shame on the lug (kyle would have ruined it all anyway)
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 20:34:48 -0400 (EDT)

Jon Honeyball admonished the LUG:

>Have here a letter from Leica, from the Academy.
>It seems that they have cancelled the only two English-speaking courses
>Why? "We have received too few registrations for both seminars".

>Are there really no Leica owners or users hereabouts who would like to
>spend 3 days in Germany, at the Academy, at the Factory, with tuition,
>with *every* piece of Leica camera equipment sat there waiting for you
>to try?

>Ever fancied spending a 3 days taking pics with the 35/1.4? Or the
>75/1.4? Or the Noctilux? Or the legendary 180mm F2 on the R?

ah, i can see it now:

"mr. cassidy, is there a single one of our lenses that you did not get
blood on?"

"um ... oh, wait, yes, the 50mm summilux 1.4, i'm afraid that fell out of
my camera bag somewhere in the sewer, long before i got to the abbatoir."

"there seems to be sand in the back of this R8."

"huh. not sandproof eh? you ought to fix that the next time around."

"wait, this isn't sand, it ... why these are cracker crumbs!"

"oh geez. i'm sorry about that. i did have some loose crackers in the
camera bag. some of them must have gotten pulverized with all the dancing
at the nude rave."

"and your film is all underexposed, you have no photographs from this nude
rave."

"sorry about that. i think i had the flash on backwards. but you must
admit, the slaughterhouse stuff came out pretty nice."

"what? dear god man. what have you done to this m6ttl?"

"done? it's just a little velcro, see, it holds a pencil right there now.
see, if you need a pencil, you can just pull this one off and write. it's
actually covering up a huge ding, i'm sorry about that. i was standing on
the camera bag trying to shoot down liv tyler's blouse at the biker
party. i must have put my foot on the m6. again, i'm sorry about that."

"that does it mr. cassidy, from now on, there will be NO english language
classes held by the leica academy. wolf! grip! show this lout to the door,
and then push him through it!"

kc

Replies: Reply from brougham3@yahoo.com ([Leica] Re: shame on the lug (kyle would have ruined it all anyway))
Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> ([Leica] re: shame on the lug (kyle would have ruined it all anyway))