Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Fiction
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 18:24:58 -0700

At 08:18 PM 5/10/01 -0400, Marc James Small wrote:
>At 04:22 PM 5/10/2001 -0700, Jim Brick wrote:
>>Leica didn't make film or copiers. Just optics,
>>cameras, and paraphernalia that supports this line. So the Leica (Leitz)
>>heritage is sort of all in the same vein. Still doing today, what Oscar
>>started nearly a century ago.
>>

>PUH-LEEZE, Jim!  Do not abuse Leica's history so!  Oscar Barnack did NOT
>start Leica!  The company was founded by Karl Kellner in 1849,
>
>Marc

Marc,

I was simply talking about the start of 35mm photography and camera making
at Leitz.

You know that I know that the company is much older and Oscar was not even
a twinkle when it started.

To quote Marc James Small... PUH-LEEZE!

My whole topic was about 35mm RF CAMERA lineage/heritage. Nothing else. No
other history. Only what Oscar started with the UR. Just 35mm cameras.

Jim