Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V20 #1
From: David Prakel <dgp@btconnect.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 22:39:22 +0100

on 11/5/2001 6:18 pm, Leslie England at
owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us wrote:

> So it all does start with their microscopes.  But don't try to find
> a Leitz microscope users group on the internet.  I've looked.

Well Lee, we could start a sub-group to the LUG a sort of LUGMUG.

Three years ago I bought an as new Leitz black/chrome stand from 1941
compete with original invoices (supplied new via a dealer in Sophia,
Bulgaria to the medical facility of a State production facility). The stage
clips had never been used and were still packed in pink paper wrap. I've
been very happy with its performance but found difficulty in obtaining a
suitable illuminator.

(The card on the inside of the case door - itself number matched to the
stand - has the day of manufacture and the exact magnification of each
objective/occular combination - very Leitz.) But I'd better stop talking
about Leitz scopes in case Brian tells us its off topic!

Regards
David Prakel