Subject: [Leica] Another take on the SLUGfest in Seattle
From: "Mark_E_Davison" <Mark_E_Davison@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 07:06:33 -0700

Hi all,

To see another view of the recent SLUGfest in Seattle, look at
http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder.tcl?folder_id=120256.

This was all shot with the Noctilux. With my Portra 400NC, I was metering f1
at 1/30 BEFORE they turned the lights down. Most of these shots are probably
taken at f1 @ 1/8. They probably do not qualify for the Erwin Puts lppm
contest!

In my recollection of the meeting, there was no Leica stacking. The presence
of two articulate wives kept the conversation much broader than mere Leica
worship, and portfolios of actual photographs were passed around for
inspection. Much time was spent discussing social differences between the US
and Australia, and the trials and tribulations of remodelling projects.
There was some lens swapping (shocking!), and Tom took the opportunity to
mount the lenses on his camera and take photos. However, Alastair did invite
us to admire the ability of his 15mm R lens to focus close, and a few of us
almost ran the lens into a couple of drinks trying to find the point of
closest focus.

I continue to be amazed by the charm and grace of LUGgers that you meet in
the flesh.

Mark Davison