Subject: [Leica] First shots with new M6 TTL - comments please
From: "Mark Pope" <mark.teampope@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 18:18:32 +0100

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a new M6TTL, 35 f2 ASPH and 90mm f2.8 (I've been saving
VERY hard).
The first opportunity that I had to use the outfit was at a friend's
wedding.  I would appreciate any constructive comments from members of the
group.

The URL is http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mark.pope4/wedding/wedding.htm

The prints are all work prints that were scanned on a flat-bed scanner.  I
know that some of them could do with a bit of work to improve them.   The
aim was to get some images out as quickly as possible.
The metering conditions were very tricky indeed - I reckon the subject
brightness range must have been  about 9 stops, with the sunlight coming in
through the windows at both the church and the reception.

By and large, I was quite pleased with the results - especially the
rendition of fine detail that may not be apparrent in the scanned images and
also the resistance to flare that the lenses have.  The Ushers shot is a
superb example of this I think.

Thanks in anticipation for your comments.

Mark Pope
Swindon, Wilts
UK

http://www.monomagic.co.uk