Subject: [Leica] Re: London/Oxford shops
From: David Prakel <dgp@btconnect.com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 19:23:32 +0100

on 12/5/2001 8:01 am, Norman Milks at
owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us wrote:

> I'm going to be reading and drinking for 6 weeks this summer in Oxford,
> and will occasionally get to London.  Are there any Leica shops (or any
> used photo shops for that matter) in or around Oxford?  I remember reading
> something about a Leica shop (Hove publishers--my memory is fuzzy here?)
> near Blenheim Palace?  Also, can you recommend a good lab in OX?
>
> Could you please tell me where to go in London for Leica, Hassy, Rollei?
> I remember hearing about Pied Bull Yard in previous posts.  Is that near
> the British Museum?  Any other shops?  I'm mainly interested in checking
> out the used stuff, but wouldn't mind looking at some new stuff, too.  Do
> you know of any camera shows?  London LUGger meets? Thanks!

Hi Norman

Pied Bull Yard is just down from the British Museum and has the un-missable
Classic Camera as well as Jessops classic for s/h Leica. R G Lewis is a
short walk away on Southampton Row. You could also try Richard Caplan in
Princes Arcade off Jermyn Street in SW1. The Blenheim Palace Leica dealer is
at 6 Park Street Woodstock - photoMall or something like that I've never
been.

Can't recommend an Oxford lab sadly. Morris Photo in Oxford High Street
sometimes has used Leica. Enjoy your stay!

Regards
David