Subject: Re: [Leica] Konicagate
From: Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 13:51:36 -0700

No Marc, I don't sell Konica cameras or lenses.  Perhaps, like Erwin, you could
benefit from more careful research to avoid  being corrected on inaccurate
statements.   I am surprised at you Marc, making foolish accusations like this,
when anyone can visit my site and see that I don't sell Hexar RF's.      Do you
have to grind defending Erwin -- wasn't it you who were working on a book with
him ?

Erwin's initial Konica back focusing posting,  without bothering to give his
source an in important and controversial subject  was poor quality reportage,
pure and simple.      Erwin loves to talk about scientific expertise, but then
complains when he is questioned after failing to give basic information.
His initial Konica RF posting was made worse by the claim that the RF's back
focus had not been brought up before on the LUG.    Again, badly done research.

If Erwin's fans are foolish enough to believe whatever he posts because he is
Erwin, that is their choice and prerogative,   but some people like thinking
for themselves, rather than blinding following a "lens expert" who apparently
has  no degrees in the subject, nor professional experience working for a lens
maker designing testing lenses.   This is a question I've asked Erwin before,
and since he has given be no information to the contrary.

Stephen Gandy

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (Re: [Leica] snoregate)