Subject: Re: [Leica] Konicagate
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 15:09:19 -0700

Marc James Small wrote:

> At 01:51 PM 5/13/2001 -0700, Stephen Gandy wrote:
> >Erwin's initial Konica back focusing posting,  without bothering to give his
> >source an in important and controversial subject  was poor quality reportage,
> >pure and simple.
>
> This, Stephen, is a flat lie, and I have previously point this out.  Why
> you persist in broadcasting falsehood is beyond me.  Kindly desist.
>
> Marc
>
> msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
> Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

Sorry to get personal but my first exposure ever Mr. Gandy a few years back
involved him insisting that the Leica M7 was immanent due to his excellent
sources which it was be an insult for him to be forced to have to name.
 	But it was high up
	He could tell us but he found the question of his sources insulting and ridiculous.
Now Mr. Gandy finds the issues of OTHERS sources first and foremost to any discussion.
First i thought we were talking great self deprecating humor here and he was
putting us on to his own expense; Nope.
	How dare we argue with him when he's got this big website!!!?!
It appears Stephen finds Erwin a threat and goes on great verbal diatribes
whenever Erwin says just about anything.
The reason would seem to be that Erwins opinions tend to support the use of the
newest Leica glass while Stephen is mainly in the used and third party from
Leica Biz.
That these differences can't simply be recognized is beyond me we go through
this time and time again.
It's like that Saturday Night skit from the original cast with Jane Curtin and
that Conservative fat guy.
Point-counterpoint
Rebuttal:
"Jane you impudent Slut!!!"