Subject: Re: [Leica] Konicagate
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 07:22:08 +0800

Erwin,

I for one greatly respect your rigorous approach to getting at the facts but
if people who do know the difference between a properly focussed shot and
one that is slightly off are not getting these results perhaps there is not
the drop in quality you are suggesting? Have you actually established this
quality loss in real photos or are you going by the numbers? I am keen to
learn more.

By the way may I ask why you did not test the extenders in your otherwise
very comprehensive book? I wonder too if you have kept colour transmission
data for the lenses: I find quite different rendering from certain Leica
lenses and wonder why that might be. For example my 1970s era 90 Summicron
is distinctly yellow, more so than a 1990s era Summicron M I had and more
still than the Noctilux 1.2 and 1.0 I have had. These seem to be out of step
with the general consistency of my other M and R lenses.

Bests

Adrian
- --
Adrian Bradshaw