Subject: Re: [Leica] Which One: 90 mm f/2 Summicron or 90 mm f/2.8 Elmarit?
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 11:37:12 -0700

>Any opinions, empirical evidence or anecdotal comments about the superiority
>of either the 90 mm f/2 Summicron or the 90 mm f/2.8 Elmarit? Or is this
>simply a case of six of one, $700 or so more dollars for a my aperture's
>bigger than your aperture?
>[snip]
>Greg Rubenstein

In the words of the immortal B.D. (and where the hell is he, BTW?):

the Summicron is better at f/2.

Guy

N.B. FWIW, when I faced that decision, I opted for the Elmarit because the
90 focal length is not one I frequently use, and thus I couldn't justify
the additional expense for the Summicron.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Which One: 90 mm f/2 Summicron or 90 mm f/2.8 Elmarit?)