Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikkor lens, Konica hood?
From: Joseph Yao <joseph@yao.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 21:06:42 +0800

Peter,

I cannot agree with Adrian more.  I have in front of me a Nikkor 50/1.4 LTM
(thank you, Tom A!), a Konica Hexanon-M 28/2.8 and its hood, as well as a
M6.

The Konica hood is 46mm and thus a 43-46mm step-up ring is necessary.  The
hood is rather shallow and I doubt it will offer much protection against
stray light.  However, if you were to use such a hood on the Nikkor 50/1.4,
viewfinder obstruction is minimal.

In my case, I use a generic 43mm metal lens hood which, in my part of the
world, costs less than $10.  It is well made, effective, and available off
the shelf.  And since it is not vented, you can use a standard 55mm snap on
cap as a hood cap!  The Konica hood, OTOH, has to be specially ordered, and
is not inexpensive.

If you have trouble locating a 43mm hood, please contact me off list.

Best regards,

Joseph
joseph@yao.com