Subject: RE: [Leica] feuds
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 08:40:18 -0400

At 10:06 PM 5/15/2001 -0600, Tim Atherton wrote:
>You certainly are an expert, though your analysis of the Arian controversy
>and the politics of the time is certainly quite simplistic.

Well, my discussion of the politics of the period WAS simplistic;  as I
indicated, these matters are far too complex to lend themselves readily to
one-line analyses.

And I never mentioned the Arian Controversy at all, as it was effectively
dead several many centuries prior to the Great Schism:  the elimination of
the Goths as a cultural force saw to that!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!