Subject: [Leica] re-Black tape flavors
From: Tristan Tom <tristan@tristantom.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 16:02:24 -0700

don't use electrical tape-it gets all gooey and sticky over time and
will leave a knarly residue.

use a good high quality professional gaffers tape, which is designed
to hold, but not lift off anything:

<http://www.protapes.com/AandE.htm>

i have black tape over my logos and it's one of the best things i've
ever done. why?

- -it's even less conspicious as normal so i feel even more comfortable
than normal taking it *everywhere* i go. I mean everywhere-even to
the grocery store, etc..

- -i think it looks cool. more grass roots gung-ho photojournalist-like.

- -i don't need to display fancy logos to make good pictures, i just
need to be as comfortable as i can with my equipment. the black tape
makes me feel more comfortable.

- -someone spotting me from across the street just sees that i'm taking
pictures. without the black tape, they see that i'm taking pictures
with a leica, there is a difference.

- -and, heck, why not customize? i say tint the windows, lower it, and
add nitrous to your hot rod.

- -tristan

<<
I'm going to be shooting the Detroit Electronic Music Festival in a week and a
half and figure black tape for my Ms might not be too bad an idea.
What kind do you folks use - plain vinyl electrical tape, or is there something
special?
(I'm also considering partially covering the frameline-illuminating window to
cut RF flare, so something that will come off easily when I want it to with
little residue is preferred).

TIA,

C. L. Basso, K.C.S., M.Sc.>>