Subject: Re: [Leica] Black tape flavors?
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 20:51:29 -0400

on 5/16/01 9:24 PM, Steve LeHuray at icommag@toad.net wrote:

>> There is a product known as "camera tape" used on film sets. This is used to
>> show that film magazines are loaded, seal film cans, etc...
>
> It is called 'gaffer tape'

hmm gaffer tape and camera tape are two different things to me (maybe a UK
thing?). Gaffer's tape is similar to duct tape only leaves less residue, and
you use it for things like taping down wires to floors so people don't fall
over them, or holding stuff together that's broken. Usually black, in 2 inch
widths. Camera tape is more fabric-like, an inch wide, generally white and
used for what it says above. I use it myself to stick to the bottom of my
Leicas, or onto Grafmatic backs, and write on it with a sharpie to identify
the filmstock. The gaffer tape I'm familiar with you don't write on.
- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

Replies: Reply from "SonC (Sonny Carter) ( : > D" <SonC@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] Black tape flavors?)