Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG: failed warning
From: Michael Gardner <mlgardner99@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 15:39:40 -0400

Chris Quinn wrote:

> Ten years of driving a 73 VW Thing seems to have cured the
> cabriolet jitters, although I still love the Thing, and it makes me smile
> every time I put the top down....

You are lucky that the Thing is still with you.  When the Things came
out in the early seventies I was a gung ho young firefighter.  We would
get called almost once a month to extinguish a blazing Thing.  A
widespread carburetor malfunction, IIRC.  What was really spectacular
was when the magnesium block got going.

Mike Gardner

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] LUG: failed warning)
Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] LUG: failed warning)