Subject: [Leica] Re: Canon 1.5 Bokeh
From: "Rob Studdert" <audiob@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 12:41:41 +1000

On 17 May 2001, at 21:47, Dante A. Stella wrote:

> Kyle's shot is not typical of Canon 1.5 bokeh.
>
> This is much typical (taken with my former Canon 1.5)
>
> http://www-personal.umich.edu/~dante/bokeh.jpg
>
> Sorry, guys, the Canon 1.5 has exactly the same type of bokeh the 1.5
> Sonnar and 1.5 Jupiter have (to say nothing of the 1.5 Nikkor).  Those
> triangles in Kyle's picture are something else entirely.  Maybe flare.

Hi Dante,

The hard edged rendition of the specular highlights in your shot is not typical
of what I would generally consider pleasing bokeh either, its bokeh looks
much like what some of my old Nikon glass used to produce.

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~geroc/bw0503.jpg

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA