Subject: [Leica] Re: XTOL and Tmax
From: leica@rakitzis.com
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 21:26:30 -0700

I have tried XTOL and TMX and I was never able to use the published
exposure times. I believe I extended them by 50% to get a usable negative,
but since I gave up on that film/dev combination long ago I can't swear
to that. All I remember is the same disappointment you have by going
with the published times and getting nearly clear film.

TMX was developed by Kodak for use with D-76. It's already got
terrifically fine grain, so I wonder how much better Xtol would be?

By the way, I switched to 100 Delta and I haven't looked back since.

Byron.