Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: LUG: failed warning
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 12:26:50 -0400

Jim-
It's funny that some would apologize for the tool they use! I suppose I
should hide my Stanley hammer and use the $3.00 Chinese clone I bought at
Home Depot to show my 'humility'?
I have started to make a mental note of what I see others use- since being
on the LUG. You almost have to make a concious effort. I am sure most people
think my Leica is some off-brand P&S, black tape or no. I have had only one
person comment on one of my cameras- I was using a IIIf, and some young guy
about 16 saw it and said, "Boy, that must be an old camera...."
Other than that, no one seems to notice... maybe because I am over 300
pounds, I intimidate them or distract them from what I am carrying!!! (Yet
my wife can still 'lose' me in a crowd!!)
Dan (Hardly Stealthy) Post