Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: quality control
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 17:43:36 EDT

In a message dated 5/18/01 4:57:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jim_brick@agilent.com writes:

<< I will bet that Leica's faux pas are still in the same percentage as
 Leitz's faux pas. Only they are more visible now. Leica's faux pas may even
 be less. >>

Jim, I sure hope you are right. You are certainly correct that my experience
is anecdotal only, my own and that of photographer friends who have used
Leicas for decades. You are also absolutely right that we live in an age of
instant and broad communication that didn't exist even ten years ago.

End of tantrum, though I have a piece reportedly coming in the next LHSA
VIEWFINDER that expresses, among other things, concern about Solms' quality.

I want Leica Camera AG to be around for a long time, giving us the
world-class gear that has always borne the name; I started to worry a while
ago when bad experiences started to hit the screen.

Seth     LaK 9