Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V20 #23
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 13:50:16 -0400 (EDT)

- ------Original Message------
From: "Aram Langhans" <alanghans@komoto.naches.wednet.edu>
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Sent: May 20, 2001 2:01:44 PM GMT

A while back while searching for information on Leica I ran across a
reference to this very feature
(http://www.nemeng.com/leica/index.shtml#009c) , but it stated it was on the
R4-R7 cameras.  I have two R4's and I cannot seem to locate any such socket
on them.  Was this reference in error?  Is this feature on the R4?  I see
one little hole under the lens mount flange that has a little brass colored
thing it it.  If I depress that brass colored thing, all that happens is
that the shutter will not fire.  I assume that it has something to do with a
motor winder/drive, which I do not have.  I Emailed the author and got no
reply.
<<<

Aram,

You're right, the R4 does not have the mirror pre-fire feature.  I'm not
sure about the R5 and R-E but it is on the R6 R6.2 and R7.

The little brass-colored thing is, as you suspect, one of the motor/winder
fittings.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com