Subject: [Leica] intentionally off topic
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 16:12:36 -0700

Sometimes I stay up late trying to figure out how to keep you guys from
being so rude to one another.  Sometimes I don't, of course. Sleep is good.

My opinion is that it's OK to discuss photography with any rangefinder
cameras on the Leica list. A good rangefinder camera that is not a
Leica can serve only to challenge Leica Camera to make better products,
and a bad rangefinder camera that is not a Leica can serve to remind us
of what we like about doing photography with Leicas.

But I promised you something off topic.

I participate at the edge of the community of intellectual property
law. Today I got word of a trademark dispute between "whizzinator.com"
and "the genuine Whizzinator".

If I were these people I'd want to stay far away from lawyers. You can
see the product of the holder of the "Whizzinator" trademark at

http://thewhizzinator.com/
(Undetectable! Foolproof! Re-usable!)

Prepare to be amazed.

Replies: Reply from Paul Chefurka <chefurka@home.com> (Re: [Leica] intentionally off topic)