Subject: Re: [Leica] Chicken Beak Defamation
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 16:52:55 -0700

A long lens would be cheating. You wanna get so close that you can smell
your subject. Remember, you are the LEICA photographer and all animate
and inanimate matter is there to serve your lens's every desire. If they
can't take a swipe at you, you're too far away. Moreover, if they do
take a swipe at you, you didn't properly introduce yourself.
 A 50mm, now that's a long lens. Normal, would be a 35mm or 28mm and the
moderate wide a 21mm.
Hell, just this weekend I was in a moderately well behaved melee between
AF military police and citizens opposing the militarization of space.
Now, between the truncheons and the barking dogs and these Lay workers
and Clergy and a few kids, was a whole lot of empty space. Plenty of
space to snuggle in and get right at home, all within arm's length of
both parties on the playing field. Perfect territory for the 21mm, I
wouldn't of dreamed of pulling out a telephoto at a moment like this.

Slobodan Dimitrov