Subject: [Leica] 24mm Elmarit-M and the .58 M6
From: Malcolm McCullough <MM4@mm-croy.mottmac.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 10:52:00 +0100

Sam Carlton wrote:
I am a new owner of a .58 M6.  I was wondering what the scoop is with the
24mm Elmarit-M.  My understanding is that there is a view finder which
slides onto the hot shoe.  Is this necessary to use the view finder with the
.58 M6?

Sam,
If you don't wear glasses you don't need the accessory v/f - just use the
full frame. It is about right, perhaps slightly too wide. I borrowed a .58
and tried it with my 21 without a v/f and the neg showed just a little more
than I saw in the v/f. I'm saving up for the .58 because of this, and I will
Regards,
Malcolm