Subject: Re: [Leica] film scanner recommendation
From: "mdelman" <mdelman@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 12:27:33 -0400

Tina:

Unless you are printing commercially, you are scanning at resolutions that
are not likely to result in improvement in print output on a standard inkjet
or digital minilab system.  It's not that there's anything particularly
wrong with a high resolution scan.... it's just it takes up so much space on
your hard drive.  Try printing out at various resolutions.  I suspect that
you can't see much difference above 300 or 600 dpi.

- -Mark