Subject: Re: [Leica] A new image with my RF. (wk 20)
From: Gilbert Plantinga <gilplant@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 13:02:13 -0400

on 5/22/01 1:38 PM, Steve LeHuray at icommag@toad.net wrote:

> Michael,
>
> I always enjoy looking at your photos every week even though I may not
> comment. A lot of people, myself included, may not feel qualified to comment
> on the merits of a picture. But still sometimes I feel disappointed with the
> lack of response from my PAW, especially when I think I have a knock-em-dead
> photo. but that is the way it goes. This PAW exercise has been great
> discipline for all of us doing it and now I go into it every week not
> expecting anything, if I get some replies, all the better.
>
> I agree with a couple others that this weeks picture could stand on its own
> with no caption. The picture itself, for me, captures the isolation and
> dependence that a child must feel. It tells a story, and I like that. Keep
> it up.

As a fellow PAW poster, I can only second all of the above. When I saw this
week's shot I was able to put away this gnawing feeling that I've been
having that maybe I should go back to shooting peeling paint (rocks & ferns,
Ted?); you've got both the paint and the human feeling in one shot! Keep it
up.

Gilbert