Subject: Re: [Leica] The right flash for the M6 TTL
From: Lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 19:10:18 +0200

"Carleton, Sam" wrote:

> I was wondering what flash folks would recommend for the M6 TTL.  The main
> thing I do with a flash is bounce off a fill card and the ceiling, so a
> tilting head is essential.  My understanding is that Metz is my only option
> other then the one Leica flash.  Which Metz would folks recommend?  I would
> like to keep it a shoe mounted flash and I do not need fill flash, would
> prefer NOT to have a fill flash.

Sam,

IMO, the Metz 54 MZ-3 with SCA3502 is the best solution for
bounce flash with a M6TTL (or R8).
<http://www.metz.de/1_metz_2000/m_pages_english/main_index_e.php3?link=4&sub=1&linkname=mecablitz>

Fill flash is possible, but up to you.
With the M6TTL it's not automatic like with the R8 in P mode.

The 54 MZ-3 accept the Quantum Turbo Z.
<http://www.qtm.com/>

Lucien

Replies: Reply from Lucien <director@ubi.edu> (Re: [Leica] The right flash for the M6 TTL)