Subject: [Leica] Bacon
From: Malcolm McCullough <MM4@mm-croy.mottmac.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 18:37:00 +0100

Bacon, let's talk about Bacon. Francis Bacon. The one known as a
philosopher, not the one known as a painter.
A long time ago he wrote a comparative review of Kodachrome 25 and Velvia,
but I believe that his words may have broader significance:

'The contemplation of things as they are
Without error or confusion
Without substitution or imposture is in itself a nobler thing
Than a whole harvest of invention'

So. Discuss? Or is he preaching to the converted here on the LUG? But do we
aspire to be noble, or is there a better word?

Regards,
Malcolm

Replies: Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Bacon)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Bacon)