Subject: RE: [Leica] photo exhibits at the Oakland Museum.
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 14:27:29 -0400 (EDT)

- ------Original Message------
From: George Hartzell <hartzell@cs.berkeley.edu>
To: Leica Users digest <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: May 22, 2001 5:07:20 PM GMT
Subject: [Leica] photo exhibits at the Oakland Museum.

I'd like to recommend a field trip to folks in the San Francisco Bay
Area.  The Oakland Museum (www.museumca.org) has three exhibits that
are interesting:

Capturing Light: Masterpieces of California Photography, 1850-2000.

Every Worker is an Organizer (photographs by David Bacon).

After the Storm: Bob Walker and the Art of Environmental
Photography.

The first covers a lot of photograhic ground and seems to be
[partially] designed to show off the museum's permanent collection.

The second is a photojournalistic essay about agricultural laborers in
the central valley.  In addition to the topic, it's a very nice set of
black and white photographs.  I haven't seen that many photographs
(~100) that showed a single signature, it was clear that a single
person shot them.

The third is a collection of photo's by a long time Bay Area resident
that gives a feel about how we have been changing the landscape.

All three are well worth the trip.

g.
<<<

Dang, there goes another tank of gas.  George, do you know how long the
exhibits will be on display?

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com