Subject: RE: [Leica] Bringin' Home The Bacon
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 16:08:12 -0400

At 01:08 PM 5/22/2001 -0600, Tim Atherton wrote:
>My goodness Marc, you have never heard of the great painter Francis
>Bacon...? Where have you been living  :)
>
>One of the marvels of the 20th Century

I am NOT a fan of painting of any sort, having had my youth disrupted by
being hauled through all sorts of odd and awful art museums of all sorts
and conditions.  And, in my undergraduate days, I was forced by
distribution requirements to take an "art appreciation course" -- you know,
the slide-show courses the jocks took to pump up their GPA.  This was the
only "D" I got in college, and I was lucky to get that.

I hang photographs in my office and house, not paintings.  I have a slew of
them, thanks to an art-bound mother who keeps buying these things and
dumping them on me, but they stay stacked in a closet.  My son is even less
of a painting fan than am I but, maybe, if he has a child, he or she will
appreciate them.  I don't!

For the all of it, Sir Francis Bacon has been confused for the past three
hundred years with Roger Bacon.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!