Subject: Re: [Leica] beat the fungus with UV
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 19:37:35 -0700 (PDT)

Tarek Charara wrote:

I live in Benin (Africa - a very humid place) from time to time and
according Atelier 102 (the official repair guys for Leica France) the
best way to avoid humidity problems is to put lot's of silicagel in the

equipment bag and when the silicagel turns blue just bake it in the
oven... I haven't seen the gel turn blue yet.
You won't! Silicagel turns pink when it becomes saturated with water.
It returns to its ble colour when you bake it.

Regards,

=====
Ray