Subject: RE: [Leica] Bringin' Home The Bacon
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@inicia.es>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 15:26:55 +0200

"Sir Francis Bacon, jurist, sage, and poet, is often confused with the much
earlier Scholiast, Roger Bacon, but I have never heard of a painter named
Bacon.

Marc"

Hi Marc,

Francis Bacin. British painter born Dublín Oct. 28 deceased some years ago
famous  for his powerful, predominatly figural images express isolation and
terror. One of the more well known modern  painters . His portrait of the
Pope Innocent I was really much in the way of the Velzquez's meninas of
Picasso. As he destroy many of his works very few examples can be found
mainly in American and European museums. He had a strong problem with the
alcohol.

Kind regards

Félix