Subject: [Leica] Phaidon 55s
From: Malcolm McCullough <MM4@mm-croy.mottmac.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 18:40:00 +0100

I've just been browsing through the photography section of a local bookshop.
A new range of small, but well printed, books of photography have appeared.
They are called '55s' because they each feature 55 pictures with extended
captions.

There are 20 titles in the first bunch:

Eugene Atget
Mathew Brady
Wynn Bullock
Julia Margaret Cameron
Joan Fontcuberta
David Goldblatt
Nan Goldin
Graciela Iturbide
Andre Kertesz
Dorothea Lange
Mary Ellen Mark
Joel Meyerowitz
Boris Mikhailov
Lisette Model
Laszlo Moholy-Nage
Eadweard Muybridge
Eugene Richards
W Eugene Smith
Shomei Tomatsu
Joel-Peter Witkin

There seems to be a good proportion of women, and 15% are guys called
Eugene.
Be careful with that axe Eugene.

A lot more are promised.
23.74% will be women called Eugenie.
Careless Eugene!

Each costs UKP 4.95, USD 7.95, CND 11.95 etc.

I am not at all connected with the publishers or any bookshop - I just think
that this seems like a worthy attempt to publish interesting stuff to a wide
readership.

Regards,
Malcolm

Non-party-political broadcast on behalf of A Worker's Collective, Many of
Whom Have Anarchist Leanings (for viewers in the UK, Bologna and Spitzbergen
only)
Just don't vote, OK?