Subject: RE: [Leica] the right camera bag
From: "Charles Cason" <cec@vbe.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 15:55:58 -0500

This M-classic bag is very similar to a Leica Bag that I
have that is maroon color with two pockets. That's just to
say I have used something similar.  I have always been a
little uncomfortable with bags like this that have no
padding.  I know you can get padded sections with the Domke
and they make beautiful bags.  My solution has been to use
camera store brands like Targa that have padding in all the
right places for my M camera and  another for the R.  I have
a third that has long compartments for just extra telyts,
etc.  I like to use these smaller bags and don't mind having
three bags to tote around.  Really I never use more than
two, because with the M I can get everything into one bag.
So, IMHO I like a lot of padding around my Leicas.  I also
use a lot of filters just for protection.  Lens covers are
quick but for some reason mine always let a lot of dust in.
So I unscrew the filter rather than spend the time dusting
and wiping.  Just some thoughts.

The Rev'd Charles E Cason Jr
St. Peter's Episcopal Church (Ripon WI)
1805 Arlington Drive