Subject: Re: [Leica] nikon s3
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 00:01:18 -0700

Mehrdad Sadat wrote:
>>> what is the deal with this camera and why is it so expensive? I don't
get
> the point. what is a collectors item? you pay 4800 to sell it for 5500 10,
> 20 years from now? why<<<<<

Hi Mehrdad,
It's an unfortunate disease caught by some people who believe buying and
selling cameras is a fine form of investment, which I've been told is a good
one at best.

However, many of us have been spared the anguishes of the disease and are
"Leica users" foregoing the worry of whether the purchase will be a
successful return or not with possibly dying before it happens. ;-)

I'm sure one of the astute Leica collectors, much better versed in the art
of buying and selling than I, can answer your question much better.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant