Subject: Re: [Leica] 50mm or 35mm Summicron?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 12:34:36 -0700

><Snip>
> Idealy it would be nice to have both or a zoom lens, but cost at the
> moment prohibits it.
>
> You see... I havent even bought the camera yet and I already need an
> extra lens! Better get saving them pennys...and it'll take a few pennys
> I can tell ya!
>
> Regards
> Edd

Zoom?!!
Someone just said:

Sometimes the 50 sees wide,
sometimes it sees long, but it always sees something.

That said the viewfinder seems like it was optimised for the 35mm framelines.
The 50 seems like a telephoto in there.
BOTH are very important lenses.
I started out with the 50. But the 35 is easier to use in many ways. It GETS the shot.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/