Subject: [Leica] I'm back
From: Ken Iisaka <ken@iisaka.org>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 20:19:01 -0700

I'm finally back from a 11-day trip to Toronto and London.

The friend's wedding in Toronto was fine, and the lab recommended by Johnny
did a very good job of souping XP2 supers before my flight to London.

Upon arriving at London, I headed straight to London Photographica, where I
got a copy of Erwin's book, and met Jem Kime for the very first time.

The Hove Books rep has said that the official importer of their books,
Tiffen, has not yet paid for Erwin's books, and will not be shipped to them
until paid.  They expect that it may be months until Erwin's books are
available in the U.S. through Tiffen.  However, Curt from Fargo Enterprise
(camera tools) suggested that he and Petra Keller import the books directly
from Hove.  I believe Curt bought a few copies of autographed, boxed copies,
so they may be available from him, or Petra.

Because it was a business trip, I had very limited time to explore the city,
but I spent an evening photgraphing the Tower Bridge with Noctilux.  I also
became painfully aware that you really need wider lenses than typically
needed here in San Francisco.

Have you guys been good?

Ken Iisaka <first name at last name dot org>
Still lost in Mill Valley, Marin County, CA.

Replies: Reply from Andrew Schroter <schroter@optonline.net> (Re: [Leica] I'm back)