Subject: Re: [Leica] wk21/sl
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 08:14:43 -0700

Steve LeHuray wrote:
>>> Crowded like sardines in a can is what I always feel like at a baseball
> game. Again I am not sure P picked the best photo for the main or the
> alternate would be better. Anyway it takes a moment to look at the main
> photo to see why I picked this one.
>
> http://www.streetphoto.net/paw21.html<<<<<<

Hi Steve,
Interesting photo, however, as sardine packed as it appears and you feel,
you've allowed the "packed in effect" escape through the "openings upper
right corner and bottom right of frame!"

In other words,  if it were possible see an unending mass of people edge to
edge 360, it would appear to be an endless mass. Then the "packed in like
sardines" effect would be limitless.

The only other reason I could see why you picked this frame was the lady who
appears to be looking at you and the kid with the binoculars. right?

The alternate doesn't do a thing even though the guys are close to you it
doesn't have the same packed feeling as the PAW with it's open escaping
corners.
ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant