Subject: Re: [Leica] Speaking of magazines........
From: Andrew Schroter <schroter@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 12:54:41 -0700

I differ.  While I haven't seen the book, it's fund raising goal is
admirable.  It sure beats fundraising by eating rubbery chicken!  While its
fair to criticize Bryan's work, I think its inappropriate and unfair to tell
him to stick to his music.  Tell him what aspect of his photography he needs
to improve is a very appropriate and supportive measure.  The criticism of
trying every different toy with mastering none is a fair statement to make,
if the photographs in his book are as bad as you say.  I haven't seen the
book so I can't specifically comment.  I'm just concerned about the behavior
here.

> know I
> > never would have known Bryan Adams was a Leica user.<<<
>
> Hi Chris,
> Save your breath he's hardly a photographer of any worth.whether he
> "handles, plays or whatever" with a Leica.
>
> His book, "Made in Canada" is an insult to Canadian professional
> photographers even though it was sponsored by Kodak and if it were not
Bryan
> Adams, "personality,"  Kodak would have thrown him out the door.
>
> The unfortunate part is, it was published to raise money for the Canadian
> Breast Cancer Foundation and if the photography was even good, it should
> have been great given the fund raising it was intended for, it would have
> sold more copies.
>
> I bought my copy for two reasons:
> The first because the money was going to the Breast Cancer Foundation.
> Secondly, to use the book in lectures to illustrate how bad some
> personalities can be as "pardon the expression, photographers" in the
> loosest of terms and still be published..
>
> In the photo magazine "Photolife" he said his favorite camera was his
Leica,

Replies: Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Speaking of magazines........)
Message from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Speaking of magazines........)