Subject: [Leica] laying out trays same as lunch?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 17:49:07 -0700

I decided after having lunch today that my lunch cost about as much as the trays
I'd just laid out.
My lunch was about 6 bucks so i was pretty right. I had laid out trays for RC though.
I still think of laying out my trays and mixing up chemistry as costing the same
as lunch.

Approx. Cost for my 3 liter tray layout
$1.43	32 oz of Dektol from a $5.70 gallon packet of Dektol Paper developer
.52¢	3 oz of Ektaflo stop From a $22 one gallon Ektaflo Cubetainer
$1.20	12 oz of KRF(A)1 From a $64 five gallon cubetainer of Rapid Fix A
$1.20	12 oz of KRF(A) second tray
$3.38	 6 oz KRST from a Quart $18(56¢ an oz) bottle of KRST(Selenium toner)
84¢	20 oz KHCA From a $5.40 1 gallon concentrate from packet
$8.57	Total fiber
$4.35	Total RC(RC has no KRST or KHCA)

I’ll typically make 32 prints in a non replenished session which I feel the
developer can deal with and certainly most of the other chemistry can,
Much of the other chemicals can do quite a bit more prints than that.

So 32 fiber prints would cost 27¢ each to run (.53¢ for 11x14's
so 32 RC prints would cost .14¢ each to run (.27¢ for 11x14's)

I'm planning on doing less digital.
I showed this to the Darkroom people too.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/